While I was in Costa Rica, I came to the realisation that I needed more yoga in my life.
The dabbling, starting up and then not being consistent had to stop, I need to make a commitment, see it through and to be completely honest I think I have known this for a while, but kept pushing it to the back of my mind and kept it in locked away as something to come back to, but rarely ever ever did.
Costa Rica reignited my passion and love for yoga not just the physical aspects of it but the mental. I was attending classes regularly (at least once a week) before I left and have been practicing on and off since 2002, but something clicked and I knew that yoga, the theory and practice has to be part of my life more and something that I should be exploring when I arrived back in the UK.
I made a decision there and then that I needed a new challenge, something that would push me further, improve me, deepen my knowledge and practice – you know what they say – when you put something out into the universe you will be heard! The next day my local Hot Yoga studio sent through an email announcing their 30-day hot yoga challenge starting on my return. The universe had replied, a lot quicker than expected and how could I ignore a chance like that!
Back in the UK, I signed up for the 30-day challenge and threw my all into it, every day for at least an hour – I was making the commitment to deepen and expand my yoga practice.
My normal life didn't stop, I still had work during the days and had to take this into consideration when planning my attendance to the next class - which wasn't as easy as it sounds... There are no normal working hours in the world of Marketing and Advertising, the secret to my planning is a handy little app called 'Mind Body Connect' I could plan, book and know that all the booked classes went into my calendar so I wouldn't forget what I had booked for the next day.
I loved the 30 days so much that I took the decision to carry on through to the 60-day challenge - I'm currently on day 47!!! Whoop whoop.
Why do a Yoga Challenge?
- Committing to the Yoga Challenge encourages a consistent, regular practice, which is the best way to achieve maximum results.
- mproves your practice significantly and takes you to a deeper level.
- Improves mental concentration and relieves stress.
- Re-energises, re-vitalises and re-invigorates your whole body.
- Gives you body a thorough detoxing, improving your skin and your internal organ function.
- Aids in weight loss and muscle toning.
- Gives you the perfect opportunity to work on a particular muscle group or previous injury.
- Helps promote a positive life-style, with all the benefits living well can bring you.